Sunday, October 23, 2011

The best teacher

            Sometimes the best teachers in life are the untrained ones.  When I was younger, I don't ever remember what grade I was in anymore, every night my mom use to set aside time with me before bed time and I would read out of my chapter book to her.  I recall that this was one of my favorite times of the whole day she let me read to her, making me more comfortable and more confident in my reading skills, as well as an overall better reader.  When I needed help finding resources to write papers my mom would always help me out.  Not only this but when writing papers, when I was younger, and I needed ideas she always seemed to have the best topics and ideas.  She did not only help me with ideas but she also encouraged me to use my freedom and write about whatever was on my mind, or whatever I was passionate about. When I was in middle school I absolutely hated math!  I remember growing up my dad use to always help me with math problems.  Also he would always look after my math homework once I had completed it to help me with any problems that I had gotten wrong.  He would help me solve the problem, not just do it for me like some parents might.  I never really thought about it before today, but my parents have always helped me out with and throughout my education.  Throughout my life they have probably been my best teachers not only with my education but also with life lessons as well. 

1 comment:

  1. "I recall that this was one of my favorite times of the whole day she let me read to her, making me more comfortable and more confident in my reading skills, as well as an overall better reader." You will remember these moments when you have your own children (if you choose to do so). These are the memories that mark the major milestones in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete